[ODLK1] Internet connection restored

News and Information related to Distributed Computing
StefanR5R
TAAT Member
Reactions:

[ODLK1] Internet connection restored

Post by StefanR5R »

Latinsquares was down from Sunday till Friday.
ice00 wrote:Posted: 19 Feb 2021, 20:12:47 UTC

So, the electrical power was shout down for 3,5h on Sunday in all the municipal area and the very good news was that the UPS (that was supposed to function for one hour) lasted for all the time and it was not near to finish the power reserve.

UPS is for saving integrity of server when there is no power, not to support all the rest of network equipments.

However when the power was back there were not internet connection!

As the service provider repeater is located 200m of distance and there were no workers on it (so all was supposed to be good), I contacted them soon for the problem as even their networks devices where in the area of power off so the problem could be here and/or there.

As it was Sunday their replay were at the rate of one in an hour and they let me makes lot of test until say at night that they will send a specialized technician to solve it.

I pass all the followed days to solicit intervention because the situation was critical for ODLK1, but it was in vain: assistance with ten-year customers proved to be practically absent!

Really unacceptable for a supplier who should guarantee a service that is always active 24h/24h!

This has now been, today they have restored the connection (it seems that the electrical works have damaged many devices throughout the area of 1Km^2).

I apologize for the situation but even replace the current internet providers will takes at least 20 working days, so the only solution was to attend their intervention.

Thanks
(message board)