Anandtech Account

General off-topic, anything goes discussions.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Anandtech Account

Post by crashtech »

I recently asked for my account at Anandtech to be reactivated, since I am not entirely content with my self-imposed exile here. That was several days ago, and it appears that my request has either been denied without comment or is simply being ignored. I guess that's fine, I'll keep hanging out here for a while longer, but it's a lot quieter than expected, even given the invaluable contributions of key members of the TeAm.
biodoc
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: Anandtech Account

Post by biodoc »

Markfw said:

tell him to create a crashtech2 account, and then post in moderator discussions.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

biodoc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 am Markfw said:

tell him to create a crashtech2 account, and then post in moderator discussions.
Thanks, biodoc. I probably won't do that, though.
biodoc
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by biodoc »

@crashtech, any word yet on reactivating your account?
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

No, but that's okay. I made the decision and should stick by it. There are at least several of the mods who are not sad to see me gone. Thanks for asking though! :)
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

Any suggestions on how we can bring more of the team here to do all DC related communications?
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Skillz wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm Any suggestions on how we can bring more of the team here to do all DC related communications?
You could ask them nicely in the group PM on AT. Part of the reason we started this is because the PM is not searchable, info that gets presented in there gets lost. Also let them know I am bored over here! :lol: No offense guys, but you gotta admit it's a bit quiet in here...
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

It's for sure quiet, but the SSC isn't all that active either.
Howdy
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Howdy »

Sorry Crash, I had forgotten about this over here. I'm old and set in my ways, not that I have any skills or information to share :lol: habit sends me to the SSC. Is there a way to get e-mail notification from this site? Not just this thread?
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

Yes, you can.

In your notifications menu (top right, next to private messages) click the box that says get email notifications to subscribed forums.

At the bottom of each forum index page (each forum category) click the box that says subscribe to this forum. A message will pop up saying whether you are or are NOT subscribed to the forum.

Then, when someone makes a post/thread it should send you an email.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Howdy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:41 am Sorry Crash, I had forgotten about this over here. I'm old and set in my ways, not that I have any skills or information to share :lol: habit sends me to the SSC. Is there a way to get e-mail notification from this site? Not just this thread?
No worries, Howdy, thanks for stopping by! I wasn't really expecting everyone in the SSC PM to post here, just hoping.
Howdy
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Howdy »

Thanks Skilz, will do!
Assimilator1
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Assimilator1 »

Hey crashtech :)
How's it going? What ya doing over here then? ;)

On a separate note, I posted an update to my MW@H benchmark thread at AT https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/mi ... t-40123107 (which presumably you won't have seen), I'll post it here so you can answer here :).
Assimilator1, post: 40123107, member: 4553 wrote:
Ok, well I don't know how long I'll keep it up, but I'm going to start collecting benchmarks again, it seems the current WUs are more variable then previous ones though, even when the exact same credit WUs are looked at. So with that in mind I'll be posting & looking for a WU time typical range, excluding outliers, I've done it by eye from ~20 WUs (I ignored 2 that were at ~74s), but if you want to do properly with maths then be my guest ;).

I'll add it to the op if/when we get to several results or so. Post parallel WU times as well if you like, just LMK ;).

227.5x credit WUs, run time range for single WUs

RX 580 8GB (stock, 1350 MHz GPU, CPU Ryzen 3600, underclocked to ~3.7 GHz) ....................... 88-93s .... Me! [update] average seems ~90s

R9 200/HD 7900 series card (comp 835797), (CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600) ........................................ 90-100s .... crashtech (I looked through 2 pages of valid results, possibly running multiple WUs, TBD)

Surprised to see my card faster than a 7900! Would be interesting to know exactly what card it has? [USER=320647]@crashtech[/USER]
Assimilator1
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Assimilator1 »

test
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Assimilator1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:31 pm Hey crashtech :)
How's it going? What ya doing over here then? ;)

On a separate note, I posted an update to my MW@H benchmark thread at AT https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/mi ... t-40123107 (which presumably you won't have seen), I'll post it here so you can answer here :).
Assimilator1, post: 40123107, member: 4553 wrote:
Ok, well I don't know how long I'll keep it up, but I'm going to start collecting benchmarks again, it seems the current WUs are more variable then previous ones though, even when the exact same credit WUs are looked at. So with that in mind I'll be posting & looking for a WU time typical range, excluding outliers, I've done it by eye from ~20 WUs (I ignored 2 that were at ~74s), but if you want to do properly with maths then be my guest ;).

I'll add it to the op if/when we get to several results or so. Post parallel WU times as well if you like, just LMK ;).

227.5x credit WUs, run time range for single WUs

RX 580 8GB (stock, 1350 MHz GPU, CPU Ryzen 3600, underclocked to ~3.7 GHz) ....................... 88-93s .... Me! [update] average seems ~90s

R9 200/HD 7900 series card (comp 835797), (CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600) ........................................ 90-100s .... crashtech (I looked through 2 pages of valid results, possibly running multiple WUs, TBD)

Surprised to see my card faster than a 7900! Would be interesting to know exactly what card it has? [USER=320647]@crashtech[/USER]
Hi Assimilator! Nice to see you in these parts! Normally I run 3 tasks at a time. Since this often ran the queue dry, I run 3 instances of BOINC to accomplish this. Once in a while, there won't be 3 running concurrently, but most of the time there will be. The dual GPU HD7970/Ryzen 1600 combo is running F@H atm, but the old HD7970/E5440 Xeon unit (X7DCA) is finishing WUs approximately every 29 seconds.
Assimilator1
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Assimilator1 »

Good to see you too :), and thanks for the info.