[H]ello World

So who are you? :)
Coleslaw
Reactions:

[H]ello World

Post by Coleslaw »

It looks like they actually will let just anyone wander in here. 8-)

I think most people know who I am. Those that don't, well..... I'm a co-captain of [H]ard|OCP. I've been DC'ing since 2007 and have contributed to probably close to 150 projects by now. I've cut back a ton as I've accumulated a few children the past few years and so have a lot less time to hound, poke, prod, monitor, and recruit users/projects/etc... I compute on pretty much anything that can if I can get my hands on it. I hate seeing good hardware go to waste. If I don't run it, I try to find someone that will. I have worked closely with a few members of TAAT over the years as well as EVGA, OcUK, and a few others. I don't team hop for various reasons but mostly because I'm a team captain and thus should remain there. I do share my wisdom with those whom seek it and try to keep things fun for all rather than the few. I am a former admin/moderator/co-owner of DC-Vault which we shut down this past year due to lack of interest from the end users as well as someone that would maintain the site.

On a personal note, I was formerly working IT for a bank before losing my job back in January. I am now a stay-at-home dad and earning money on the side with beermony applications. Doing well enough with those that I'm now making almost half what I did working 40+ hour weeks in about 10 minutes of my day each day. I am fully self taught in the computer world and just renewed my A+ certification. Until my wife decides we can move, I am pretty limited where we are. I have 2 kids and 1 dog.

I DC for some of the same reasons many of us do. I have lost friends, family, pets, ets... to harsh diseases. I have interest in some of the sciences. I enjoy competitions. And I really hate useful resources to be squandered. (My OCD) Most of all, I have come to find some of the most interesting and reliable friendships through DC over the years.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: [H]ello World

Post by Skillz »

Hey Bud, welcome to the forum.
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: [H]ello World

Post by 10esseetony »

Wassssuppp Tony #2!?!?