Alpha Testing Ready

Discussion regarding the making of b-games.org a BOINC competition site.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Alpha Testing Ready

Post by Skillz »

The site is now officially on www.boincgames.com. Everyone who signed up to help with the alpha testing on the temporary URL will need to register all over again. This time it should be permanent; I'm really not expecting to have to register/setup your account another time after this.

To the administrators of the alpha testing; if you're still interested in helping now that the site is about to go live then please PM me a login name (different from what you register with) and an email (different from what you register with, for password recovery) so I can get you set back up in the system.

To everyone else, please register on the site now. I would like to run a handful of sprints between now and December to ensure everything is working correctly.

If anyone experiences any issues/problems then please let me know.

As for the aesthetics of the site, more specifically the filler content the developers used to fill in voids. I am slowly getting them replaced with actual content; but it's a bit time consuming because well, I don't really know where to look for everything. So I am having to open every file, check it's contents, make changes, refresh site, rinse and repeat until I figure out what is where. :oops: If anyone with HTML, PHP, and/or CSS experience wants to give me a hand at this then please help me.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Alpha Testing Ready

Post by Skillz »

Been slowly adding projects to the database.

Need someone who is good at communication to reach out to the projects to ask if they're okay with being used as a Sprint on our site.
Also need someone to reach out to some other teams to get them to sign up on the site.
OrangeKid
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by OrangeKid »

So I registered, but can't log in.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

Where are you trying to login and are you using your email address to login?
OrangeKid
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by OrangeKid »

The site, the forum. With my email.
Also the reset password email does not send an email. At least it isn't coming to me.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Huh, still have to do that weird thing where you change your username in a BOINC project to their random string for ~24 hours or so? That's so weird and annoying.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

OrangeKid wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:14 pm The site, the forum. With my email.
Also the reset password email does not send an email. At least it isn't coming to me.
I deleted the account.Try registering again.
crashtech wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:36 pm Huh, still have to do that weird thing where you change your username in a BOINC project to their random string for ~24 hours or so? That's so weird and annoying.
In order to verify that you are the owner of the CPID this is required. It's only required once. Once your CPID is verified it'll be verified indefinitely.
OrangeKid
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by OrangeKid »

Thanks. I will try again later. Busy weekend.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

I changed my name to the generated one in Primegrid days ago, but b-games did not validate me. So now I have changed it in Collatz.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

crashtech wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm I changed my name to the generated one in Primegrid days ago, but b-games did not validate me. So now I have changed it in Collatz.
PrimeGrid hasn't been added to boincgames yet. They have their stats files behind a passworded directory. Waiting on them to give me access as they said it will take a couple days. Need to follow up on that as I haven't heard anything from them.

You can only get validated on projects of which are part of the Marathon. I haven't yet added all the projects (at least all the ones I know of) yet, but I am getting around to it. :oops:

Collatz is on the marathons list so it should validate you in 48 hours or less.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Skillz wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:07 pm
crashtech wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:33 pm I changed my name to the generated one in Primegrid days ago, but b-games did not validate me. So now I have changed it in Collatz.
PrimeGrid hasn't been added to boincgames yet. They have their stats files behind a passworded directory. Waiting on them to give me access as they said it will take a couple days. Need to follow up on that as I haven't heard anything from them.

You can only get validated on projects of which are part of the Marathon. I haven't yet added all the projects (at least all the ones I know of) yet, but I am getting around to it. :oops:

I suppose I should have known that, but perhaps the instructions on that page could be more explicit for others who might want to help test.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

crashtech wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:15 pm
Skillz wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:07 pm

I suppose I should have known that, but perhaps the instructions on that page could be more explicit for others who might want to help test.
You are right. I do need to make the instructions more clear on there. Just gotta figure out which file that page is so I can edit it. A lot of (well all of) the pages need to be edited to include useful information instead of the filler content the developer used. Takes time. :oops:
kiska
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by kiska »

Skillz wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:41 pm Been slowly adding projects to the database.

Need someone who is good at communication to reach out to the projects to ask if they're okay with being used as a Sprint on our site.
Also need someone to reach out to some other teams to get them to sign up on the site.
Sure I would try and communicate it, some are on discord so I can ask there
pututu
TAAT Friend
Reactions:

Post by pututu »

I'll link Icecold TAAT thread in our [H] forum.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

pututu wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:24 pm I'll link Icecold TAAT thread in our [H] forum.
Feel free to post it on all the teams pages who you think would be interested in it. 8-)

Keep in mind, if you registered once already on the old site at mindmockups, you'll need to register again on the real domain since the database was started fresh.
pututu
TAAT Friend
Reactions:

Post by pututu »

Skillz wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:33 pm Keep in mind, if you registered once already on the old site at mindmockups, you'll need to register again on the real domain since the database was started fresh.
Roger that. I'll edit my post in [H].
Icecold
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Icecold »

My CPID appears to have validated. I had used TN-Grid as the project I changed my name on.