FAH challenge thread 2022: TAAT vs [H]

General off-topic, anything goes discussions.
biodoc
TAAT Member
Reactions:

FAH challenge thread 2022: TAAT vs [H]

Post by biodoc »

Is there any interest this year? I'm think the last week of January like last year.

Here's last years race threads at Anandtech and the [H]ardForum.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: FAH challenge thread 2022: TAAT vs [H]

Post by Skillz »

I am down for it, but I got a feeling this wont be an [H] vs TAAT race. They should have joined us for the December race.

Our total output currently is around 400M PPD on average compared to their 100M. Even if we only do sign ups for TAAT vs the whole output of [H] it wouldn't even be close, unless a lot of TAAT members either don't sign up or run handicapped.
Icecold
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by Icecold »

It ended up being really close last year by doing sign ups for TAAT vs their whole output, but I'm not sure how things have changed on their side since then either positive or negative.

I'm in favor of continuing it as an annual challenge. As far as output goes, I would probably just ask [H] what they think is fair and likely to be close and go from there. If everybody thinks it will be a blowout in our favor I can run the competition under [H] if that helps.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

Yeah, I'm not sure how big of a difference there was between TAAT's overall output and [H]s overall output last year, but id doesn't seem like TAAT was doing on average 4x as much as [H] was last year. I thought it was closer to 2x? Either way, I got a LOT more GPUs to add to the mix this year, for TAAT. ;)

So I am prepared to join in late, again. :)