What has BOINC accomplished in 20 years?

General off-topic, anything goes discussions.
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

What has BOINC accomplished in 20 years?

Post by Skillz »

Has anything in the roughly 20 years of BOINC been accomplished? If yes, which I hope yes, where can I view a list of papers or discoveries that has come from the work of volunteers on BOINC projects?

I know Primegrid has found many, many "first" prime numbers and many of them are in the top 5k list, but what about medical sciences? Any break throughs in the medical sciences? What about space/physics? Anything where I can say look, this is the stuff BOINC has accomplished since it's creation.
StefanR5R
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: What has BOINC accomplished in 20 years?

Post by StefanR5R »

Some accomplishments get an announcement here: viewforum.php?f=7
But there are so many more.

Of course, keep in mind that numeric simulation/ analysis of observational data/ numbertheoretical searches/... are just means to help with some of the steps on the long path to discoveries and inventions. You can't just compute a drug. :-)
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Skillz »

Yeah I get that. I just wanted something that I can post/refer to and be like this was accomplished from BOINC. I'll look through that link later tonight when I get home from work.

Edit
Oh, that's just the link to the BOINC RSS feeds here. I was hoping for a consolidated place that has a lot more before I went looking at each project individually. Was hoping such a source existed.
biodoc
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by biodoc »

Boinc.Italy has a page with list of science disciplines/boinc projects with links to lists of publications for each project. However, I'm not sure how up to date it is.

https://www.boincitaly.org/progetti/pub ... he.html#en