Family affairs...New son-in-law vs daughter

General off-topic, anything goes discussions.
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Family affairs...New son-in-law vs daughter

Post by 10esseetony »

I do not know who to be more mad at......

I don't know who to be more mad at, my daughter or my new son in law. He changed her brakes all around. Both front wheels were about to fall off! Backs were loose, but 'snug enough.' Driver's front was so loose, the bolt holes in the wheel have been wallowed out....you could fit TWO studs in the holes now. So, blame the stupid son in law right? Well, daughter drove it that way, shaking like crazy, for FIVE DAYS! So now I am mad at her. But she told HIM, and he shrugged it off, said to take it to a shop...
Skillz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Family affairs...New son-in-law vs daughter

Post by Skillz »

Definitely SIL fault there especially if the girl knew something was off and told him but he did nothing. Most girls don't know crap about the workings of a car and how dangerous something like that can be.

Wow.
emoga
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by emoga »

This is the same guy that asked you for her hand in marriage from a text message?
Now he can't even fix her car?
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by 10esseetony »

Yep. Love the new profile pic!!!!! :D
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by crashtech »

Wow... Not sure what to say here. While it's not expected that any son-in-law of mine be proficient in auto repair, what he MUST be proficient in is taking care of my daughter. Trying to kill her with a botched brake job would not fit the bill, at all. Acting nonchalant about it would probably earn him a lot of grief, to put it mildly. I don't envy you what you must do.
biodoc
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by biodoc »

Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm thinking the worst case scenario. Is there any way to find out if he took out a life insurance policy on your daughter?
WDP
TAAT Friend
Reactions:

Post by WDP »

You aren't blaming yourself for letting him marry your daughter :interrobang:
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by 10esseetony »

Don't worry @biodoc , I may let him teach me how to hunt someday soon, and there could be a hunting accident.

@WDP , the little bastard asked for her hand via TEXT. I replied with why does he want her hand? He has to marry all of her. No response. "Hey man, can you get it done in 30 days? I have another offer on the table, and he is offering $1500 cash, an old Honda 4-wheeler, and a baby goat." No response. "Hey man, I am serious! I really like that baby goat, it calls me Da-Da-Daddyyyyyy."

He thought he had the wrong number! :D :D :D :D :D
WDP
TAAT Friend
Reactions:

Post by WDP »

10esseetony wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 pm @WDP , the little bastard asked for her hand via TEXT. I replied with why does he want her hand? He has to marry all of her. No response. "Hey man, can you get it done in 30 days? I have another offer on the table, and he is offering $1500 cash, an old Honda 4-wheeler, and a baby goat." No response. "Hey man, I am serious! I really like that baby goat, it calls me Da-Da-Daddyyyyyy."
Well, a) my question still stands, and b) I know you live in Tennessee but don't think you live in a big city, would it be a small town or a village perhaps ?
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by 10esseetony »

Can't stop the kids from doing what they are going to do...not legally anyway. ;)

Eh, Maryville is a bit bigger than a small town, or at least what I consider a small town. And it shares a border with another city, Alcoa (aluminum company), so it is actually a bit bigger than google would tell you. Knoxville is only 20 minutes or so away. We have some rather well traveled roadways, headed both North/South, and another East/West. It sure feels like a big city during the rush hours!
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by 10esseetony »

So how did I even know about these vehicle troubles? (The subject is about to change...)

After caring for my daughter's cat, Emmet, for quite a long time, she finally took him to her new home just before Thanksgiving (mid Nov). It wasn't working out, so she had given him to her new sister in law. My cat Buddy, became an attention whore in Emmet's absence, bugging me every 10 minutes or so. I found out she no longer had Emmet, and asked if I could get him back, so Buddy would have a play mate again.

The new sister in law was glad to give him up, and after a 6 week absence, Emmet seemed glad to see me, and leap from my arms into the open doorway......which unfortunately was occupied by Trixie, a grumpy ole lady cat. She took that as an attack, and spent the next 12 hours hissing at ANY thing that moved.

Now poor Buddy has no clue what has happened, see's a brief glimpse of another cat dashing for the food bowl, hears Trixie raising hell, and Buddy goes full panic mode. I manage to get hold of him, and try to relax him as he cuddles in my lap. He is not trying to escape, he is glad of being held, although not yet calm. Then more hissing from Trixie, and more dashing across the open door way of an 'intruder' named Emmet, and Buddy goes nuts. He has never hissed, ever, and now he is hissing, STILL not trying to escape. I changed my calming tone of voice to one of rebuke, for the hissing....I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Little bastard bit/struck me like a snake 4 times before I even knew what happened! And he STILL was just sitting in my lap. I bet the scruff of his neck is still as sore as my hand...

It only took 24 hours for Trixie and Buddy to realized they knew this intruder, and all is well.
OrangeKid
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Post by OrangeKid »

...except for the hand. Ouch.