WTB: X99 Board (Found one)

Stuff for sale or trade, hunting for equipment
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

WTB: X99 Board (Found one)

Post by crashtech »

I don't think I will be able to sell the Xeon, so maybe if someone has an X99 board they aren't using, I'll put it back to work...

edit:
Found a cheap Supermicro board on ebay, it's a weird form factor so it'll be one of those rigs that sits on a cardboard box. Seems like all the LGA-2011-3 boards have been moving up in price, perhaps because the boards die, but the CPUs go on and on...?
10esseetony
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: WTB: X99 Board (Found one)

Post by 10esseetony »

Do you need any more XEON E5 v3 systems? :)

112 threads available, 96GB RAM included, Heatsinks and Mother Boards included too!

1.) Devastator: Xeon e5-2683-v3@2.5GHz, 28 threads, 16GB DDR4, Win10 x64 license included
2.) WUSS: Xeon e5-2683-v3@2.5GHz, 28 threads, 16GB DDR4, Win10 x64 license included
I think these have a M2 SSD (128GB to 160GB) included with the MSI X99 boards. One key is Pro, one is Home [by accident]).

3.) ThunderStrike: 2P Xeon e5-2695-v3@2.8GHz, 56 threads, 32GB ecc DDR4, Win10 Pro x64 license included, standard ATX bolt pattern server board

4.) ThunderChicken: 2P Xeon e5-2695-v3@2.8GHz, 56 threads, 32GB ecc DDR4, I am not sure this one has a Windows key attached to the MB, MB is weird size like the one you already have, but on a homemade lexan tray, that elevates it for cooling, and also the tray will screw down to an ATX pattern if you use an open bench test case (such as this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 ) For $37 that open case is a STEAL, the other sellers are listing it for more than double, by the way. You need that for the one you already have sitting on cardboard...just break out a drill to make some new mounting holes for the odd size board.

1 and 2 have genuine processors. 3 and 4 are qualification/engineering samples, fully functional, just not as fast as the genuine chips (faster than 1 and 2, but not faster than the same model number of genuine CPUs).

3 and 4 pull up to 400w from the wall (no gpu), I assume 1 and 2 will be half that, full tilt.

Ball park figures.....
1 and 2, $450 each, shipped. Case included, just add PSU. Generic vid card included.
3 and 4, $600 each, shipped. Strike has a case, chicken has MB tray, just add PSU. Generic vid card included.
Toss in however many GTX 1070's you want, for $200 each. ;) (available separately, but then shipping would be added.)

I'm still on the fence about selling the ThreadRipper 1950X with 64GB RAM and a 256GB M2, it is the only thing I have with 'enough' RAM per thread for any current project.
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: WTB: X99 Board (Found one)

Post by crashtech »

Well, unfortunately I just pulled the trigger on a 3900X, in part based on the results Stefan posted about his EPYC server:
http://teamanandtech.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41#p482
http://teamanandtech.org/viewtopic.php? ... rt=10#p462
I don't think it really hit me how much better Zen2 is until seeing his results. I mean, I knew it was good, but I never had that "Eureka!" moment until just recently.

I'm down to 4 Haswell Xeons, 2 in a nice 2P system, one in a partially broken 2P board, and another in a weird form factor board. I would kinda like to consolidate those last 2 into one system, but I haven't been able to find a reasonable 2P 2011-v3 board. All I really want is a mobo. Mostly it's going to be Zen 2 moving forward, as it looks like it is to be with you too!

The 1070s are interesting, but I really don't have any money left atm. :oops: