[ODLK1] Back from holiday

News and Information related to Distributed Computing
BOINC_News
Reactions:

[ODLK1] Back from holiday

Post by BOINC_News »

hi,

Murphy law is always in on modality!

Last year I did not went to holiday and all was fine.

This year I takes 15 days holiday to compensate the last years, and something goes wrong!

I leaved on 6 and the day 7 I got an email notification that my weather station (that every five minutes put online the collected data), was not online (it uses the same internet connection of the server).
However when I check the station and server connectivity from the cell all was fine.

But every days/few days, I got that the weather station was going offline for 2 to 8 hours, but always when I check it it was back online, so I suppose the station has some problem (maybe low internal battery).

When I come back last day, I see that weather station was ok, but I got no internet connection instead!

So it happens that for 15 days connection to server has some blackout (fortunately that was not for more that 8 hours in some days, so all can still get credits).

Now the service provider is investigated the issue, so if you get some hours of not connection to the server this is due for this problem that I hope will be fixed soon.

Thanks

Source: https://boinc.multi-pool.info/latinsqua ... php?id=170