[SiDock@home] SiDock@home is going to join Gridcoin

News and Information related to Distributed Computing
BOINC_News
Reactions:

[SiDock@home] SiDock@home is going to join Gridcoin

Post by BOINC_News »

Hello everyone,

we want to be whitelisted in Gridcoin (anytime), so you will be able to receive this cryptocurrency for scientific computing. We believe that Gridсoin is ethical. This is also a chance to increase awareness of the project.

Source: https://www.sidock.si/sidock/forum_thread.php?id=131
StefanR5R
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: [SiDock@home] SiDock@home is going to join Gridcoin

Post by StefanR5R »

Gridcon. The ethical way to speculate, evade taxes, and launder money.

:-P
crashtech
TAAT Member
Reactions:

Re: [SiDock@home] SiDock@home is going to join Gridcoin

Post by crashtech »

Gridcon :lol:

There are some compelling arguments being made about why blockchain has utility being made by smart people, some of whom I find credible. The current method of "proof of work" has some serious downsides re energy intensity, but with the advent of "proof of stake," these arguments get harder to make. I'm not sure what the main argument against cryptocurrency is at present, other than those being made by statist lovers of authority. I find the concept of creating a trusted medium of exchange that can't be controlled by any nation-state very compelling, intellectually. The fact that the Chinese government doesn't seem to like Bitcoin only increases my curiosity. Perhaps all currencies in the long run are a kind of "con," for example, the USD has no value other than its government's promise to repay. So far, belief in that promise has been pretty solid. But at the brain-melting rate the USD is being minted out of thin air, that promise is being diluted by the second. Competition is underway to displace the USD and enshrine a new currency as the global standard. Who says that only government issued fiat currencies need apply? That would be un-democratic.

P.S. My argument is completely separate from the Gridcoin as a Team argument. Profit motive is really hard to fight against. I'd have a problem with a USD team, or a Euro team, too.